Switch to: Deutsch
Our monthly update on new games being added to PlayStation Plus, Xbox Game Pass and other subscription services.
It’s easy to lose track of new games being added to the countless subscription services. Catch the latest titles below. All information is subject to change.
PlayStation Plus Essential
€8.99/£6.99/$9.99 per month. Included in PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium. Playable on PlayStation 5/PlayStation 4. Available from April 4th – May 1st, 2023.
- Meet Your Maker (PS5/PS4)
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5/PS4)
- Tails of Iron (PS5/PS4)
PlayStation Plus Extra
€13.99/£10.99/$14.99 US-Dollar per month. Included in PlayStation Plus Premium. Playable on PlayStation 5/PlayStation 4. Available from April 18th, 2023.
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS4 / PS5)
- Doom Eternal Standard Edition (PS4 / PS5)
- Riders Republic (PS4 / PS5)
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PS4)
- Slay the Spire (PS4)
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (PS4 / PS5)
- The Evil Within (PS4)
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4)
- Bassmaster Fishing (PS4 / PS5)
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS4 / PS5)
PlayStation Plus Premium
€16.99/£13.49/$17.99 per month. Playable on PlayStation 5/PlayStation 4. Available from April 18th, 2023.
- DOOM (1993) PS4
- DOOM II (Classic) PS4
- DOOM 64 (PS4)
- DOOM 3 (PS4)
- Dishonored: Definitive Edition (PS4)
Xbox Games with Gold
€6.99/£6.99/$9.99 per month. Included in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Playable on Xbox Series/One.
- Out of Space: Couch Edition (Xbox One) – April 1st-30th, 2023
- Peaky Blinders: Mastermind (Xbox One) – April 16th – May 15th, 2023
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Xbox Game Pass for Console / PC: €9.99/£7.99/$9.99 per month each, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (Console + PC + Games with Gold): €12.99/£10.99/$14.99 per month. Playable on Xbox Series/One.
- Goat Simulator (Cloud, Console, PC) – April 4th, 2023
- Loop Hero (Console, PC) – April 4th, 2023
- Iron Brigade (Cloud, Console) – April 6th, 2023
- Ghostwire: Tokyo (Cloud, Xbox Series X|S, PC) – April 12th, 2023
- NHL 23 (EA Play) (Console) – April 13th, 2023
- Minecraft Legends (Cloud, Console, PC) – April 18th, 2023
- Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly (Cloud, Console, PC) – April 20th, 2023
- Medieval Dynasty (Xbox One) – April 20th, 2023
- Homestead Arcana (Cloud, PC, Xbox Series X|S) – April 21st, 2023
- Cassette Beasts (PC) – April 26th, 2023
- BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Special Edition (Cloud, Console, PC) – April 27th, 2023
- The Last Case of Benedict Fox (Console, PC) – April 27th, 2023
Nintendo Switch Online
Nintendo Switch Online: €3.99/£3.49/$3.99 per month or €19.99/17.99/$19.99 per year. Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack: €39.99/£34.99/$49.99 per year.
- Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pass – Nintendo 64 – 12.4.2023
- Pokémon Stadium
- Nintendo Switch Online – SEGA Genesis – 18.4.2023
- Kid Chameleon
- Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition
EA Play: €3.99/£3.99/$4.99 per month. Included in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. EA Play Pro: €14.99/£14.99/$14.99. Available on PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series, Xbox One.
- NHL 23 (EA Play) (Console) – April 13th, 2023
€14.99/£12.99/$14.99 per month, available on PC. Ubisoft+ Multi Access: €17.99/£14.99/$17.99, available on PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Amazon Luna.
- Ubisoft+ Multi Access (now available for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S) – 13.4.2023
- Anno 1800 (Xbox Series X|S only)
- Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (includes Assassin’s Creed Liberation)
- Assassin’s Creed Unity (Gold Edition)
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Ultimate Edition)
- Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China, India, and Russia
- Assassin’s Creed III Remastered
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (Deluxe Edition)
- Assassin’s Creed Origins (Gold Edition)
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (Gold Edition)
- Assassin’s Creed: The Ezio Collection
- Child of Light (Ultimate Edition)
- Family Feud
- Far Cry Primal (Deluxe Edition)
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Classic Edition)
- Far Cry 3 (Classic Edition)
- Far Cry 4 (Gold Edition)
- Far Cry 5 (Gold Edition)
- Far Cry 6 (Gold Edition)
- Far Cry: New Dawn
- Fighter Within
- For Honor
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint (Ultimate Edition)
- Ghost Recon Wildlands (Ultimate Edition)
- Grow Up
- Hungry Shark World
- Immortals Fenyx Rising (Gold Edition)
- Monopoly Plus
- Monopoly Madness
- Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show (Gold Edition)
- Rabbids Party of Legends
- Rainbow Six Extraction
- Rainbow Six Siege (Deluxe Edition)
- Rayman Legends
- Riders Republic
- Risk: Urban Assault
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
- Shape Up (Gold Edition)
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Gold Edition)
- South Park: The Stick of Truth
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas (Deluxe Edition)
- The Crew (Ultimate Edition)
- The Crew 2
- The Division (Gold Edition)
- The Division 2
- Trackmania Turbo
- Trials Fusion
- Trials of the Blood Dragon
- Trials Rising (Gold Edition)
- Trivial Pursuit Live
- Trivial Pursuit Live 2
- UNO (Ultimate Edition)
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War
- Watch Dogs (Complete Edition)
- Watch Dogs 2 (Gold Edition)
- Watch Dogs: Legion (Deluxe Edition)
- Wheel of Fortune
€9.99/£8.99 Pfund/$11.99 per month. Available on PC from April 4th – May 1st, 2023.
- Aliens: Fireteam Elite
- Death Stranding Director’s Cut
- Life is Strange 2: Complete Season
- The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante
€8.99/£8.99/$14.99 per month. Available on PC.
- Wolfenstein: The New Order – April 6th, 2023
- Ninja Commando – April 6th, 2023
- Art of Fighting 3 – April 6th, 2023
- The Beast Inside – April 13th, 2023
- Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition – April 13th, 2023
- Crossed Swords – April 13th, 2023
- Ghost Pilots – April 13th, 2023
- Beholder 2 – April 20th, 2023
- Terraformers – April 20th, 2023
- Metal Slug 4 – April 20th, 2023
- Ninja Masters – April 20th, 2023
- Looking for Aliens – April 27th, 2023
- Grime – April 27th, 2023
- Sengoku – April 27th, 2023
- Magician Lord – April 27th, 2023
Check out which games we’ve been playing lately. These games are either part of a subscription services at the time this articles gets published or were made available recently.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits (included in PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium since April 18th, 2023) (Patrick)
Between the world of the living and the dead, Kena is a spirit guide who guides restless spirits safely to their destination. A powerful masked spirit cursed the forest, so Kena heads to an abandoned village to cleanse the forest of corruption and defeat the villain. On her journey, she not only meets interesting characters like the young twins Saiya and Beni, but is also helped by small creatures called Rott. The Rott not only help Kena solve puzzles by transforming into a huge powerful creature for a short time at predetermined locations and removing the corruption, thus opening Kena’s path, but also in combat when Kena finds herself numerous waves throughout her adventure has to face against small and large opponents as well as in boss fights.
Kena is armed with a spirit bow and a staff. With the staff, Kena performs combos of light and heavy blows and the bow can be charged. Not only can she use it to eliminate the numerous long-distance fighters, but also master challenges spread throughout the world and unlock easter eggs. The use of the Rott is limited. Defeated enemies fill up your yellow radial meter. As soon as it is filled, the Rott can perform an action, such as immobilizing an opponent for a short time, replenishing Kena’s life energy from flowers that are rarely distributed, or transforming into the aforementioned powerful creature and temporarily fighting. Enemies also have weak points also highlighted in yellow, which play an important role in the increasingly difficult boss fights. Kena can also perform a dodge roll, parry attacks, and generate a bubble around herself to temporarily block enemy attacks. The timing of your attack and defense actions is key, especially in boss fights such as against the Wood Knight or Sprout Captain.
Kena’s skills, weapon arsenal, and Rott abilities can all be upgraded. You can start fights with a Rott action, carry five or even six arrows in the spirit quiver before the lengthy reloading process begins, or hit multiple enemies with one arrow once your Rott have immobilized an opponent. There’s not a vast amount of upgrades available and since you’ll gain points quickly, you’ll be able to get them all in a short amount of time. Considering the game’s relatively short play time, that seems reasonable though.
You can collect the necessary points in the game world through challenges and combat. The game world is relatively linear, but if you look around carefully, you will discover many secret paths. Exploring is not only worthwhile in a playful way thanks to the intuitive platforming and the well-woven environmental puzzles, the game world also looks fantastic and very detailed. The animations are also buttery smooth and the cutscenes can keep up with some animated films in terms of graphic quality. The story doesn’t win any innovation awards and is told a bit too cryptically at times, but does what is necessary as a means to an end. The voice-over is only available in English and is well done. Theophany’s (Time’s End – Majora’s Mask Remixed) soundtrack will help you ease right into the magical world of Kena: Bridge of Spirits.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits is a well-done challenging action-adventure with charming characters and set in a picturesque game world which we spent about five hours exploring. We’re excited to see what else the second half of the game has to offer.
Images courtesy of the publishers. Xbox and PlayStation provided us with access to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PlayStation Plus Premium.